Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Expect the unexpected!

So I have a ton of catching up to do! I will try to do it, promise! I was just going to do a quick post about our recent unexpected news! Many of you already know, but here it goes!
A couple of weeks before Christmas we found out we were expecting our third baby! I was so excited, I really felt it was time to have another baby. Brad on the other hand was not so excited, he was content with the two perfect kids we have and did not want to risk "messing up" on a third! Whatever! Anyway he got use to the idea of having another baby join our family and was getting excited as he told friends and family.
As the weeks went by my stomach started pouching out, abnormally large! I was more nauseated and tired then I was with the other two. I just would keep telling myself, it is my third baby and I am older and working full time night shifts. I am a wuss! Everyone says each pregnancy you show earlier and earlier! Okay, I believed them! Well, around nine weeks I was at work ( I work labor and delivery) and we were slow, so we decided to pull out the good old ultrasound and take a little peek. We did not expect to see much since I was only nine weeks, we were just hoping to see the heartbeat. Which we did! As we were awing over how cute the little bean was the nurse doing the ultrasound said the words that would change my life! She said, "It looks like there are TWO!" Immediately I freaked out, as you all could imagine! My fellow nurse said to me well sometimes this machine mirrors the image let me move it around and it should go away. Well, every angle she went sure enough the two sacs and two beans stayed. To make it more official we watched the heartbeats and sure enough they were different! I went through every emotion you could probably think of in a matter of two minutes! I was on the verge of tears and I might have said a few choice words, really what do you expect! About an hour later one of the docs came out to check on a patient and indeed verified the two babes!
At five a.m. I text Brad a pic of the ultrasound, of course he did not respond! He was asleep!! So I called him and told him to look at the pic and call me immediately back. He did and had no idea what he was looking at, so I told him. He first thought I was joking of coarse, but then I said to him, "Seriously would I call and joke around with you at five in the morning?" The only response I got from him was, "okay, I will see you in a couple hours." WHAT???!! Not the reaction I expected! The girls and I decided he must still be asleep and thought he was dreaming. So they were all excited to hear his "real" reaction! When I got home, I went and sat by Brad on our bed and and woke him up to ask if he remembered what I told him. He said he did and that he was really tired. OKAY, still no reaction! To this day he is still handling it better then I am! Weird!
I think now I am finally getting use to the idea of having twins. Sometimes I do get a little overwhelmed at the thought, but at least I don't cry anymore! I was so sick for several weeks, thinking I for sure was going to die! I am, however, still alive and the nausea is subsiding some. I now feel like I did with my single pregnancies as far as nausea goes. My belly is giant and I have somewhat accepted the fact that I will probably gain 50-70 lbs with this pregnancy! OH MAN!
I am 16 weeks along, and this babies have been ultrasounded more then any of my other kids! We think Baby A is a girl and Baby B will not show it's stuff! I have so much to do and so little time, so I keep telling them to let us see what they are so I can start shopping! Is that too much to ask! Well there is my story! It is long and boring, but I think I wrote it more for myself then anything. I am going to try to do better and journal this pregnancy because it WILL be interesting! Which it already has been!

5 comments:

angie said...

Wow-that is so crazy! Jenni told me and I can't believe it! Congratulations and best wishes!
Angie Hall

Jackie said...

I am so glad to see you blogging again, you must be feeling a wee bit better! Wish I was closer to help you out sis!
LOVE YA tons!! I want to know what those babies are too so I can get my craft on for them!lol

Annie Nielson said...

I thought I was seeing things when blogger said you had updated, haha. I think you need to get your blog back on and journal about this experience. It will be a good one to go back and read. Is 50-70 lbs. the standard to gain with twins--YIKES! Oh well, it's worth it. I'm sure you'll work it right back off taking care of them :) I'm still waiting of some belly pics...patiently waiting ;) Love ya!

OH, and Brad's reaction was similar to Jim's reaction when I told him we were having another baby. I was freaking out and he just kind of brushed it off. Guys are funny!

jodi said...

YEAH- I can't wait to meet them, I am still banking on a boy and a girl!

Ben and Darci said...

Your mom told us all tonight that you are having a boy and girl!!! So cool. Congratulations and GOOD LUCK.